Friday, July 17, 2009

Hopping onto the blog bicycle (training wheels engaged.)

I’m not a very interesting person BUT I want a blog. Apparently it is a very writerly thing to do, and I would be a silly woman child for not doing the writerly thing. Speaking of writing, I have not written anything for my book in months. That is correct. Your eyes are not deceiving you. MONTHS. I’m beginning to feel not unlike a neglectful parent. My brain child is emaciated and all I can seem to do these days is write crappy poetry and download music belonging to awesome bands.

If you like good music, check out:
Owl City
Velveteen
Manchester Orchestra
Dirty Pretty Things
Air Traffic

Moving on…

So, I don’t actually have writers block. My head is teaming with good ideas these days. I am simply too exhausted 99.9% of the time to actually write them out. It comes with the territory of working for an amusement park 30 hours a week. Sometimes more. I’ve gotten to the point that if I never in my life see another roller coaster, it will be too soon.

Something that is currently shading my mood is a recent falling out with a friend. Nothing annoys me more than when a person comes at me with an attitude that says “I am right, you are wrong and I will stop at nothing to prove it to you.” Particularly when it has to do with a matter of opinions, which, as a human being, I have a right to. They may not be like yours or anyone else’s, but they don’t have to be.

*Note to anyone who stumbles upon my blog: I am highly opinionated BUT I will never try and force you or anyone else to see things my way. I will give you the reasons why I think the way I do, but I’m not going to lecture you like a child to try and get you change your mind.

Bleh. I often dislike catty, teenage girls. Well…I always dislike catty, teenage girls. But we all have our preferences.

- Meggie Monster (AKA Megan)

No comments:

Post a Comment